jueves, 18 de abril de 2013



Hey everyone!


Today we have to write a free post, so I'm going to talk about my home town.
I was born in one of the further south city, Punta Arenas. It’s a very beautiful place to live, but most people think that it’s awful because the weather is a little frozen. In my opinion the weather is not a problem, maybe because I’m used to live with a snowy winter. Besides the fact that we have heating.


In other aspect, Punta Arenas is one of the tourist destinations most visit in the country. In the region, you can find many places of touristic interest, for example “Torres del Paine”, that place is the most famous and visit. Many people go there and they went camping or trekking. Also you can find diverse flora and fauna, pumas are characteristic of the area. Another place I found very interesting and beautiful it’s called “Pingüineras” and as his names say, a lot of penguins lives there, except in winter, when they goes to the Antarctic.

The city has many places to go all over; in “Zona Franca” you can find a lot of cheap objects! And in “Costanera” you can go to see the sunrise in the sea, or just for a walk.


6 comentarios:

  1. Hi josefa! I am working in Punta Arenas for whorkshop. The project is on the 'costanera' and in some the pictures that I saw Punta Arenas is a beautiful place with some interesting histories. The culture about Native people like selk nam is amazing, the design in their clothes shows they had a unique world vision. And the places where they lived must be interesting too!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. One of the places I want to go to the next summer is Punta Arenas. My cousin and his girlfriend went a few months ago and they love it. Also so many people have told me the cementery is beautiful.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. i've never traveled that far, the southest that i have been is chiloe, and i didn't like it, maybe was the town that i visited i dont know but i would love to go farther on the south.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Lovely! As you know, I went when I was a little girl, my memories of the places like "Las Torres del Paine" are wondeful! Ice everywhere! And were like gigantic blue sponges.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. The cold weather is not a excuse for no travel to Chile´s south , it is beatiful.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I've never been South of Chiloe. I would love to visit your part of Chile one day.

    ResponderBorrar